The First Annual Post-Human Network Graduate Student Conference:
Experiencing the Post-Human
March 24th & 25th, 2017
Arizona State University
Arizona State University is located in Tempe, Arizona, which is part of the Phoenix metropolitan area, which is situated in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. If you don’t want to come for any other reason, the weather is gorgeous in March. Be sure to bring cactus-proof clothing and please do not wander off into the desert alone.
PHuN will arrange airport pick-ups from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport for any interested presenters. Please e-mail us at PHuNRG@gmail.com.
If you wish to arrange your own travel, the Arizona State University campus area is approximately five miles away from Sky Harbor Airport. Travel from the airport is possible by SkyTrain and Lightrail ($2), Uber or Lyft (~$12), or taxi (~$17).
PHuN will arrange homestays with graduate students for any interested presenters. Please e-mail us at PHuNRG@gmail.com.
Pricier Hotel Options
- The Graduate Hotel -- next to campus and extremely convenient, but tends to be more expensive.
- Marriot Courtyard Downtown Tempe -- also very near campus and near the Veterans Way/College Ave light rail station, but like the above option is more expensive.
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel -- a little further from campus, but close to the Mill Avenue District and Mill Ave/3rd Street light rail station.
Cheaper Hotel Options
- AirBnB -- yields a variety of options at perhaps the most affordable price point.
- University Inn & Suites -- very close to campus and fairly inexpensive.
- Motel 6 (Priest), Motel 6 (N. Scottsdale Rd) or Super 8 -- very inexpensive and no frills, but close to ASU.
- Quality Inn at ASU -- a cheaper, mid-range option, but close to ASU.
- Quality Suites at Old Town Scottsdale -- inexpensive with a few frills, and slightly north of ASU.
THINGS TO DO AND EAT
Check out these websites: